Join The Onyx Report with Dr. T. Hasan Johnson as we discuss “Slavery As Misandric Aggression” Wednesday, May 19, 2021, at 5pm(PST)/7pm(CST)/8pm(EST)!
Welcome to The Onyx Report, where we Black Male Justice Advocates uplift Black men and boys through critical analysis.
The Onyx Report is a program that critically analyzes the experiences, histories, and perceptions pertaining to Black males in American society across age, class, religion, sexuality, and occupation. I am your host, Dr. T. Hasan Johnson, Associate Professor of Africana Studies at Fresno State, Black Male Studies scholar, and Black Male Justice Advocate. In the program, we examine current events and major issues using an empirically-driven Black masculinist theoretical lens, thus including such concepts as the Black male dual economy, anti-Black misandry, phallicism, the subordinate male-target hypothesis, the subculture of violence theory, and the Black Gynarchy).
Our goal is to remind people—including Black men themselves—of Black male humanity. Join us every Wednesday at 5pm (pst), unless otherwise stated, on YouTube, Facebook, and on every 1st & 3rd Wednesdays on http://www.InnerLightRadio.com.
Become a channel member either on YouTube or Patreon! On YouTube, click the “Join” button next to the “Subscribe” button and become a gold, diamond, onyx, meteorite, or black opal member!
2. Do Early Educators’ Implicit Biases Regarding Sex and Race Relate to Behavior Expectations and Recommendations of Preschool Expulsions and Suspensions?
3. The Burden of Being ‘On Point’
4. Black Preschoolers Far More Likely To Be Suspended
5. New Federal Data Shows Black Preschoolers Still Disciplined At Far Higher Rates Than Whites
6. ‘Big, Black or Boy’ Preschoolers Face Higher Expulsions and Suspensions
7. The University of California System Will No Longer Require SAT/ACT Scores After Test Biases Called Out by Students
Please support the show and donate to:
Also, support my film review series on Patreon! It’s designed as a guide for how to use key films to talk to sons about life using film! Check it out here: https://www.patreon.com/THJohnson